Thursday, May 29, 2014

Stupid people piss me off

A casual friend [she is a fellow author] lost her son to sudden death [a heart attack] a few months ago. She is obviously still struggling. Grief is very hard. Last evening she posted that if she had a heart attack right then, she wouldn't be sorry.
She did not say she was suicidal. She was just giving voice to the hurt she was feeling. Someone actually had the gall to say she was being histrionic. Others said things like she had "more to give" and other useless platitudes.
Why can't people just acknowledge another's pain and just be there for them?
It made me so angry.
I don't know what it is like to lose a son. But I know what it feels like to lose John and it's awful.
I sent her a note that I hoped helped, even a little. I can't make her feel better. But at least I can try to not make her feel worse.
I wish others would do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment