Friday, March 8, 2019

A beautiful birthday with friends - with a secret birthday wish from John

Yesterday I celebrated my birthday with two special friends. We refer to each other as sisters of our heart - and we are. We have been through a lot with each other, sharing happiness and sadness and everything in between.
Every birthday, the person of honor gets to choose where to celebrate.
I love afternoon tea so I chose a place here in town that is lovely Crowning Glory Tea Room. It did not disappoint.
My birthday was actually last Friday but that's part of the excitement - celebrating all week.
Over the years since he's passed, John has managed to send me roses for my birthday via various means and friends. The form doesn't matter - they could be real roses or even pictures of roses. But he has come through for me. A few years I even asked for specific roses - pink - and he has done that too.
This year, I again asked for roses. And I threw in the request for pink ones again so I would know they were from him. And again, I said they could be in any form.
No pictures of pink roses arrived that day.
My friend who took me out to dinner that night did give me roses but they were yellow.
It was okay.
I told myself I was being greedy. I know John still loves me. Asking for a specific sign like that was probably going too far.
So fast forward to yesterday and afternoon tea with my ♥ sisters.
After we had some tea and delicious sandwiches we took a break and it was time for opening presents. And they were lovely and very thoughtful.
I am truly blessed.
I bought a new car last month and some of the presents were themed for that - an emergency blanket, an Alexa for the car [I'm a gadget nut], and a beautiful new license plate holder, among other great gifts.
The afternoon was perfect. I felt the love of my friends and I felt John with me too and I was happy.
But it wasn't until I was lying in bed last night that the absolute perfection of the day hit me.
John DID send me pink roses for my birthday.
Here is the license plate holder I received yesterday.
Thank you, Sweetheart.
I love you.
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment