Friday, March 1, 2013

Today is my birthday

Today I turned 65 years old. It was supposed to be a day John and I were looking forward to. It meant he could officially retire since I would be eligible for Medicare and he wouldn't have to work to keep me on his insurance. So much for plans.
But I felt John with me today. I know if he were here he would have made a big deal out of today. We would have laughed at my age and wondered how we got to be this old. He would have taken me out to dinner and bought me a present. But most of all we would have been together and that was the most important of all.
But that is not how it was.
Instead I celebrated with friends and that was good too. I have had friends take me out to lunch [all week] and dinner and I have had phone calls and cards and wishes on the Internet. I feel loved and very blessed.
And I know John is with me and he loves me. And I love him. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment