Monday, February 12, 2018

Answer to my prayer

I have been missing John a lot lately and needing to feel him near me. I asked him last night to show me he is still here with me.
This morning as I walked the dog in the back yard I looked up at the night sky. It was still dark but dawn was right around the corner. As I looked up at the stars, one of them just winked out. And then another.
Maybe it was a cloud passing across the sky. Maybe it was because the light was changing in preparation for sunrise although it was still dark but maybe not dark enough for stars.
And then a song lyric spontaneously popped into my head.
"And one by one the stars would all go out and you and I would simply fly away."
I felt I needed to find out what song that was. I just knew it had meaning.
As I walked into the house another line just popped into my head.
"If a man could be two places at one time I'd be with you. Tomorrow and today."
Then I knew.
This song was a message from John.
He was answering my request from last night.
I quickly went to my computer and did a search for those lyrics.
What came back was the beautiful song If by Bread.
Thank you, John.
Thank you for answering my prayer.
Thank you for reassuring me.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment