Thursday, May 16, 2019

Signs of love


I love how our loved ones who have passed know just when to get our attention.
The next few days are going to be tough for me. The anniversary of John's passing is coming up soon and I am acutely aware of it.
The sadness that I am, for the most part, able to tamp down, is bubbling up more than usual. So, I have been talking to John and asking him to be with me. And he is letting me know that he hears me and is indeed here with me.
Yesterday I changed the wallpaper on my Alexa Show and instead of the picture I uploaded from my phone [a pretty cactus picture I had taken], John sent a picture of himself and after a few seconds it changed to a picture of the two of us. Then before I had a chance to even realize what was happening, it went to the correct picture.
Then today as I was out to running errands, I synced my phone to my car which automatically starts my music. Unless I specify an album, the phone shuffles my music which is what happened. The first song to play was “Lay, Lady, Lay”. John and I always liked that song. I had even made it his ringtone. 
So, I knew that was him. 
Then I waited to see what the next song would be.
It was “Let It Go!” from Frozen. That song speaks to me. It reminds me how John always told me to not worry so much. In fact, he used to put a smiley face on my finger in ballpoint ink to remind me when I would get upset about things. I even wrote about that in my book.
I think he was trying to say that again.
Thank you, Sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment