Tuesday, September 8, 2026

If You Hadn't Been There

Thank you, Dolly. You said it perfectly. 

I am who I am because of my Love, my John, my person, my soul mate, my forever Love. ♥

If you hadn't been thereWhere would I be?Without your trustLove and beliefThe ups and downsWe've always sharedAnd I wouldn't be hereIf you hadn't been there
If you hadn't been youWell, who would I be?You've always seenThe best in meYour loving armsHave cradled meYou held me closeAnd I believe
I wouldn't be hereIf you hadn't been thereHolding my handShowing you careYou made me dreamMore than I daredAnd I wouldn't be hereIf you hadn't been there
Oh, you are my rock (mm-mm)A soft place to landMy wings, my confidenceYou understandYour willingnessBeyond compareNo, I wouldn't be hereIf you hadn't been there
I wouldn't be hereIf you hadn't been therePushing me onWhen I was scaredI thank God and you (thank God and you)Oh, for your loving careAnd for giving me loveWith more to spareYou made me climbAnd top the stairsI wouldn't be hereI wouldn't be hereIf you hadn't been there
Oh, I wouldn't be hereIf you hadn't been thereMm, mm, mm
 
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Dolly Parton
If You Hadn’t Been There lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC


No comments:

Post a Comment