Thursday, January 31, 2013

Today was supposed to be a happy day, a day to remember

Tomorrow I am officially on Medicare. That might not seem like much but John worked beyond the age of 65 for two reasons. He liked to work and be around people and since I was on his insurance plan, he needed to work until I became eligible for Medicare. When that happened, he was going to retire.
That would have happened this year.
In March I turn 65 and tomorrow I am on Medicare. So John could have retired as of tomorrow. John would have been 70 years old this year. We had hoped to have lots of time together. But that didn't happen.
What was supposed to be a happy day, a day we would have enjoyed, maybe even laughed about is, instead, a day that reminds me that things don't always turn out the way you plan.
And tomorrow is a day I will celebrate without John physically here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment