Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I would do it all again in a heartbeat

I finally got around to watching my recording of Jay Leno's last night. Garth Brooks was one of his guests and he sang a song specially requested by Jay - "The Dance".
 
I was immediately transported back to PA, our home in Lehman - good times, loving times. John and I were heavily into country music back then and Garth rose to fame while we lived there. So hearing him always makes me think of our home there.
But the song also makes me think of our entire life together.
I was overcome, a little by surprise. There has been a sadness inside and the song released it all. Tears - tears for sadness, tears for happiness, tears for gratitude.
No matter how hard it is now I would not have traded a second of my life here on Earth with John.
And I would gladly do it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment