Saturday, March 22, 2014

Our Casey

Sadly, I have had to say good-bye to another furbaby. This is the fourth baby I have lost since John passed; the fourth baby that made up our family while John was here physically with me.
We adopted Casey from the Arizona Humane Society in March 1995. She and Charlotte both came home to us that day. They were about 8 weeks old at the time.

I had wanted to name them Emily and Charlotte after the Bronte sisters but while Charlotte seemed suited to her name, Casey did not seem like an Emily to us. She was such a tomboy. So John named her Casey after a cat he had had when he was younger.
She was also very vocal and loved to talk to her toys. John nicknamed her "the school marm" because she would line her toys up in a row and then talk to them. It seemed like she was teaching.
Years later, when we adopted Riley, Casey became his surrogate Mom. He loved snuggling with her.
I think he is missing her today.
I know I am missing her a lot but I know she is home with John and some day we will all be together again.
Rest easy, sweet one. Mommy and Daddy love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment