Saturday, January 9, 2016

Saw this this morning

and cried. It's a beautiful song/video and brought back so much from those first few hours/day/night without John. I remember hating that the world still went on when mine had stopped.
Now, it's a little easier. Doesn't mean I like it any more than I did then. I still wish with all my might that John could be here with me. Instead, I look forward to being There with him. Goodness knows, it's better than here. This school we call Earth is hard. But it serves a purpose. And for now, I am trying to find reason for me still being here and making the most of my time left.
And that is what this song is ultimately saying.
It's sad but it's hopeful.
It is important to note that the woman singing this song - Joey Feek - is herself dying as I write this. That is her husband Rory in the video with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment