Friday, January 25, 2019

John's helping hand

Wow, it's been over a month since I have posted. I don't think I have ever gone this long. But I have not been feeling well.
I spent part of last Sunday night/Monday morning in the ER. I'm ok now. But I was pretty scared at the time.
The details aren't important now. All is well.
But I do have a John story attached to my ER adventure.
As all of that was going on and I was driving myself to the ER, I talked to John and asked him to be with me and help me.
Nothing unusual happened until I was having an ultrasound of my legs [they were thinking I had a blood clot - I didn't].
Anyway, somehow this nice woman who was performing the test and I started talking during the procedure and it turned out she had lived in the same part of PA that John and I did before we all moved to AZ.
At one point she lived just blocks away from us in Wilkes Barre! 
So I got to talk about so many familiar places with her as we reminisced which relaxed me.
And of course I got to mention John's name which always makes me feel better. 
I know he had a hand in that. 
Then the icing on the cake was when I found out that that night was her LAST night working there. I was one of her last patients. 
You know that was not just a coincidence.
Thank you, John. ♥

2 comments:

  1. I am so relieved to see your post and learn that you are OK! I’ve been thinking about you today and feeling concerned that you hadn’t posted, especially since you have mentioned you have had health concerns. I was thinking to comment on your last post. How much better to see your new post!

    You don’t know me at all, but you have become an online companion for me in the year since I read your book, found your blog, and started to see your responses on the “Forever in Love” FB group. We are about the same age, without children, and our husbands both died suddenly from heart issues in their sixties, mine in 2014. I appreciate how you simultaneously celebrate your ongoing relationship with John and acknowledge the many challenges of widowhood and growing old alone.

    I wish you the best possible health, Joy. Thank you for being a companion to your unseen online friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to hear from you. We just never know who we will reach and it makes me feel good to know that we can share in a positive way. I wish the circumstances were different for both of us and that our Sweethearts were still here though. Yes, my health is fine now. And I am hard at work on book #4 - a workbook to go with my last book. Thank you for your kind words. ♥

    ReplyDelete