Saturday, January 14, 2012

John's phone

I cancelled John's cell phone account today. I had been keeping it live for...I'm not sure what. I sort of thought I would use it for the non-profit I started but why would I want to carry two phones? And it didn't make sense to pay for it every month if it wasn't being used.
But still I kept charging it and every so often a telemarketer would call and his ring tone would ring and I could pretend.
Now, it's official. John doesn't need his phone anymore. It's one more way my heart has to admit he's gone from this world.
The customer service rep asked me why I wanted to cancel the service and I told her. Then she was sorry for asking and apologized.  She transferred me to another rep who was also very nice to me and offered condolences and of course I started crying then. He actually took $50 off my bill just because he wanted to do something for me. Which  made me cry even more. I could barely get the "Thank you" out.
There really are nice people in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment