Saturday, April 13, 2013

Happy Birthday, John!

Today would have been John's 70th birthday. John and I always talked about this year - I would be 65 and he would be 70. For some reason, this year was a milestone of sorts for us. I would be eligible for Medicare and John could officially retire - not that he would. He loved being active and envisioned himself being busy as long as he could.
But these birthdays were important to us. And for some reason 70 seemed "old" to John. He laughed about it, wondering how it happened that we had reached that point in our lives.
And of course, we assumed we would be here together when it happened.
But we're not.
But I wish you, John, my Love, a Happy Birthday today. I'm sure it's meaningless in Heaven. Every day is a wonderful day there and age is no more.
I miss you so much.
From John's 50th birthday party

No comments:

Post a Comment