Wednesday, May 9, 2012

John's memory quilt

Today I dropped off some of John's clothes at the home of a new friend. She is going to make a memory quilt for me, something I can snuggle up with that will help me feel John close to me.
I chose a log cabin pattern. It will be similar to this.

She showed me many samples and as soon as I saw this one I knew it was what I wanted. The red symbolizes the heart, the center of the home and I think that is perfect. We are going to use John's cranberry work scrub pants for that part. My quilt will be predominantly blue because that was primarily the color of the shirts that I chose and that is also perfect because blue was John's favorite color and I loved him in that color. It brought out his eyes and was great with his coloring and red hair.
Last year I marked the anniversary of John's passing with his Memory Garden and this year it is his quilt. I like being able to honor him this way.
Incidentally, I think I have mentioned how sparkles keep showing up all over the house, etc. just when I seemed to need them and I think they are "Hello's" from John. There was a sparkle on the driver's seat of my car today. As I placed the car in gear and looked down before pulling out into the street on my way to meeting the quilter, there was one lone sparkle on the seat next to my leg. I know it was John telling me this was a good thing to do and he was happy about it.
Thank you, Sweetheart. I love you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment