Sunday, July 29, 2012

A sweet moment in time

I had a beautiful short dream this morning as I was waking up. I dreamt John and I were making dinner together in our kitchen. He was actually talking to me and I could hear his voice.
Then, as I was waking up, I was thinking [still half-asleep] that instead of making dinner why didn't we go out to one of the restaurants here in town that we like so much.
I even remember wondering why we hadn't been there in so long.
And I remember the good feeling, thinking that we were going to go again. It lasted about 2-3 seconds. Maybe a couple of seconds longer. I remember actually looking forward to going to dinner together.
And then, as my mind cleared and I became more fully awake, I remembered why we hadn't been there.
And my heart sank.
The good feeling was so good.
And the sad feeling was so sad.
But at least I had that good feeling again. It still lingers with me a little. It was so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment