Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Thank you, Mom and John

Today marks 7 months since John's Mom passed. It seems longer, maybe because she was sick for so long and not really alert the past few months of her life.
I am so grateful to her and for more than just the way she has taken care of me financially. She gave me so much. She allowed me to be a daughter, something I have never really experienced fully.
She gave me self-confidence. Taking care of her in all the ways I needed to helped me learn that I can do things I didn't think I could.
And she gave me a much-needed distraction and a reason to keep going after John passed. I knew I had to be here for her because if I wasn't, she would suffer. And there was no way I was going to let that happen.
She told me she would be my mother and she was.
And I am grateful and thankful to John, too for entrusting her to me. He knew I wouldn't let him down.
I love you both and miss you.

John and his Mom April 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment