Friday, July 17, 2015

End of an era

This past week I had Afternoon Tea with a couple of friends at the Ritz-Carlton in Phoenix. It was a bittersweet experience because it was the last time we will be able to do that. The Ritz has been sold and will be closed for the next year while it undergoes a remodel. When it opens again, they will no longer be doing the tea.
I can't remember the first time John and I had tea there but I know it was many many years ago. Possibly as long as 10 years ago, or more. It was something we enjoyed doing. Truth be told, John might have gone along with it because it was something I wanted to do but he seemed to enjoy it.
Birthdays and other special occasions were celebrated there.
One of my favorite times was when my first book was published.
Another time was when my aunt and uncle visited.
I will miss it but I am grateful for the many good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment