Monday, November 9, 2015

It wasn't long enough

John and I were together on this earth 32 years, 34 years if you count the two years we were friends before we became a couple. The first thing I remember thinking after he passed was that it wasn't long enough. We were just getting the hang of this married thing and we were getting really good at it. Life was so good and then poof! It was over.
Now it's been 37 years since our first date, 39 years [this month! as a matter of fact] since we saw each other for the very first time, since our souls smiled and knew we had finally made it back to each other again.
It is no coincidence that I found this video today, that I am writing this post about our first date, our first meeting. I know John is thinking the same things and he wants me to know this.
Thank you, my Love. I love you, too and I love our life together, in all its forms.
Until I hold you again...

No comments:

Post a Comment