Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Time

I have read many books about the afterlife, and the metaphysical, and how time is a construct for this earthly life. Apparently, while no one alive can say for sure, time is non-existent in the non-physical world.
Yet, I can't help but think about time and how it relates to John being gone. I still count how long it has been since we have been together. And I wish I knew how long I have to wait until we are together again. I know John has the advantage right now because it won't be long at all from his perspective.
And then there is the time we did spend together in this lifetime. John spent the rest of his life with me. He spent his last weekend making me happy by visiting my family with me in New York City, a place he was not fond of.
I remember telling people after he passed that we didn't have enough time together, that even if we had had twice as long together it still would not have been long enough.
I heard this song again today while I was out driving. Jim Croce was one of John's favorite singers and the CD that this song was on was in the player of his car when he died. Makes me wonder if there isn't a message there.


No comments:

Post a Comment