Thursday, November 10, 2016

40 years ago today

Forty years ago today I walked into a conference room and my life changed forever.
That day - November 10, 1976 - I was the new nurse at a day treatment center in Wilkes Barre PA. John was a therapist there.We didn't speak that day but I remember noticing him from across the room.
How could I not? 6'4 ", lean, handsome, long red hair, red beard, beautiful smile.
John told me years later he asked the man sitting next to him who I was, too. Back then I had hair halfway down my back and John said he asked  "Who's the girl with the hair?"
Gradually we became friends and then years later, a couple.
Life became wonderful.
Who could have known back then?
Apparently, our souls did. Metaphysically, our hearts perked up that day and said "There you are! I've been looking for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment