Thursday, March 1, 2018

Today is my 70th birthday


I walked into my office this morning, my cup of morning coffee in my hand. 
Today is my 70th birthday and I would love to be celebrating it with John. 
But he showed up and wished me a Happy Birthday with love in the best way he could and he made me smile and feel loved.
John has given me many stuffed teddy bears over the years. One of them is very big and sits on top of the bookcase in my office. Sean, one of our cats, likes to climb up there and snuggle with this bear almost every evening.
When I walked into my office a few minutes ago, the bear was in my chair.
Now I know Sean knocked him over, probably as he was jumping back down onto my desk. And the bear was upside down when I found him. He's a little top heavy.
But he was in my chair and that has never ever happened in all the years that he has been up there and in all the time that Sean has been up there next to him.
So, the fact that it happened THIS morning - on my birthday - means something to me. 
I know it's from John. I feel it in my heart. The ribbon around the bear's neck even says Love and he's holding pink roses, my favorite.
Thank you, Sweetheart. It means so much to me to have you with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment