Tuesday, February 28, 2023

John's clothes have left the building

Threads of Miami Valley - Clothing Outreach Dayton Ohio

It's taken me a while to be able to part with them, but today I donated most of John's clothes to a homeless shelter. I know some widows and widowers donate soon after their spouse has died but I just couldn't. I kept moving John's clothes further and further into the back of the closet but it took me years to be able to pack them up and decide to give them away. As I have said over and over, there is no timeline for grief and no hard and fast rules on when we "should" do anything.

It was very hard for me to part with those clothes. Not for any reason except that they were a tangible connection to John. But I know in my heart I don't need those things to be connected to him. I am always connected to him. Our love does that.

And I know John was happy and approving of what I did because on the way home I glanced over to the passenger seat in my car and saw 3 sparkles on the seat. John often sends me sparkles for various reasons. Today he was saying "Good job! Thank you."

Namaste.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment