Thursday, January 24, 2013

32 Months

Today marks 32 months and I am not sure what that means except that I am acutely aware that the 3 year anniversary of John's passing is getting closer.
I know I will want to commemorate it in some way. And I think I know how.
The first year I had a Memorial Service and we dedicated John's Memory Garden.

The second year I had a Memory quilt made from some of John's shirts.

This year I have raised some money and donated it to the Arizona Humane Society and they are going to purchase an anesthesia machine for their Second Chance Hospital. In addition, they are having a plaque made to commemorate the gift and it will be placed outside the entrance to the hospital. They have told me when it is ready I can have a dedication ceremony when it is placed.
I think John would be pleased. He loved our animals. He loved all animals and this will be a fitting way to honor that.
But I still miss him every day and I feel so lost without him. I know he doesn't want that for me.
I feel him with me. I just need to figure out what to do with the rest of my life until we are back together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment