Monday, May 20, 2013

This is the week

Three years ago today John and I left for our last trip together. We went to New York to visit my aunt and uncle and cousins.
I came home alone.
Four days later, in the early morning hours of that Monday, the day we were to come home, I awoke to find John gone, passed away.
I will never in my life as long as I live forget what that looked like and what that felt like.
The enormity of the realization that he was no longer here with me - there are no words.
So today starts our countdown to that anniversary.
Three years ago this date was the start of that trip.
Three years ago this day [Monday] was when John left.
And all week I will be remembering.
There were some good times that trip. I am so grateful. We were with family who loved us and we were so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment