Sunday, April 22, 2012

100 Weeks

I was wondering if this milestone would slip by me unnoticed. The idea of 100 weeks is hard but harder is the the fact that it's Sunday. Sundays are hard. They are lonely but they are also a sad reminder that Sunday was the last day of the week we spent together. Sunday night was when John slipped away as I slept. So whether it's 99 Sundays or 100 or one hundred and one Sundays, Sundays are always going to be a very sad day for me.
I recently bought a new Kris Kristofferson CD. Kris was always a favorite of John and me. We saw him live a few times and always loved his music. Kris wrote this song for his children but when I heard it for the first time, it made me think of John.

Lyrics:

Cool shadows fall through the moonlight
soft as the breeze through your hair
And the smile on your face while you’re sleepin’
Is the answer to anyone’s prayer
Fill your heart for the mornin’ tomorrow
‘cause you’ve still got a long way to grow
And the love that you’re dreamin’ will guide you
And live like a song in your soul

And Darlin, if we’re not together,
There’s one thing I want you to know
I’ll love you from here to forever
And be there wherever you go

There are so many feelin’s to follow
So many chances to take
So many ways you can stumble
Someday your heart’s gonna break

Darlin’ take all the time that you’re given
Be all you know you can be
And if you need a reason for livin’
Do it for love and for me

Cause Darlin, if we’re not together,
There’s one thing I want you to know
I’ll love you from here to forever
And be there wherever you go

I will love you from here to forever
And be there wherever you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment