Sunday, January 16, 2011

So many memories

I have been slowly getting all our old videos and having them transcribed onto DVD to preserve them. I have also been going through my mother-in-law's old movies and tapes and transcribing those as well to preserve them for her. I thought we would watch them together and enjoy all the old memories.
It's so bittersweet for me, though. On the one hand, I love having all these images of my love to look at and treasure but on the other hand it is so sad to know this is all I have of him now.
I look at some videos that are literally almost forty years old and I see the man I first met and fell in love with and I remember what the first feelings of love were like. Then I see the more recent ones and I see the man I grew to love more and more with each day and my heart aches to see him again, to hear his laugh, to feel his touch.
There are days I get scared because I fear I will forget what he looked like, what he sounded like and then I see one of these DVD's and it all comes back. I remember and I am happy and I remember and I am sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment