Saturday, January 29, 2011

The sale

The sale went extremely well and we sold many items.
I'm very tired and I know a lot of that is emotional but I held up better than I thought I would. I only had to leave a few times and I didn't break down as often as I thought I would.
And not once did I grab something out of someone's hand and yell "No, you can't have that." :>) although I did take a few items out of sale when I saw them go on the table. So many items have such memories for me; it was hard to see them go.
There was one item in particular - a floor jack - that makes a distinctive sound as it rolls across the floor. I associate that sound with John. I would hear it so much as he worked in the garage.
It went to a very nice young man who came with his little son in a stroller. He put the jack aside and then came back without the baby to pay for it. As he took it away he just turned and said "I will give it a good home." I don't know what possessed him to say that but it meant so much to me to hear that. I feel good knowing that jack that John used so much is with this man now and he will enjoy using it as much as John did.
I have to think that John is pleased that his tools are with people who will use and enjoy them and that I can put the money to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment